Day 1 Arrive Bergen
Arrival in Bergen according to your own itinerary. Bergen is Norway’s second largest city and the world’s only city surrounded by 7 mountains and 7 fjords. Sights of interest include the Hanseatic Bryggen Harbour, Fløibanen Funicular, Troldhaugen, the Fish and Flower market, Bergen Aquarium and Gamle Bergen (Old Bergen Open Air Museum). Accommodation at Augustin Hotel or similar.
Day 2 Bergen – Sogndal [B]
Breakfast at the hotel. This day is at your own leisure before afternoon departure by express boat in northern direction along the western coastline of Norway. The journey continues along the Sognefjord, the world’s longest and deepest fjord, to the village of Sogndal. Accommodation at Quality Hotel Sogndal or similar.
Day 3 Glacier Experience [B]
Breakfast at the hotel. Today you will travel by bus from Sogndal to Jostedalen and the Nigards Glacier. The valley of Jostedalen offers spectacular scenery, mainly shaped by glacial erosion. The Nigards Glacier is one of the most famous glacial outlets of the Jostedal glacier, the largest glacier in Northern Europe. At the Nigards Glacier you will experience a 2-hour guided glacier walk, a short and easy blue ice trip taking you deep into an icy landscape. It is not a hard or physically demanding trip and is therefore suitable for all who wish to experience what glacier walking is really like. Take warm, windproof clothing as well as food and drink with you. After an adventurous day in Jostedal you will return by bus to Sogndal in the evening.
Day 4 Sogndal – Balestrand – Flåm [B]
Breakfast at the hotel. Today you have two boat journeys to look forward to, your first boat will take you from Sogndal to Balestrand along the Sognefjord and the second boat from Balestrand to Flåm will take you along the Aurlandsfjord. You are bound to be impressed as you arrive in the valley of Flåm. Overnight at the Flåmsbrygga Hotel or similar.
Day 5 Downhill Biking [B]
Breakfast at the hotel. This morning you will take the renowned Flåmsbana train from Flåm to Myrdal. In Myrdal, your bicycles will be ready for you to enjoy a cycle around this beautiful area. Cycle from Myrdal back to Flåm (not guided). Overnight at Flåmsbrygga Hotel or similar.
Day 6 Flåm – Voss [B]
Breakfast at the hotel. Depart by ferry from Flåm to Gudvangen. The narrow and spectacular Nærøyfjord is surrounded by steep mountains with snow covered tops that stretch up to 1800 meters above sea level. Water falls cascade down the mountains and picturesque villages dot the landscape. This is an area that is featured on the UNESCO world heritage list and is considered one of the world’s most beautiful fjord landscapes. From Gudvangen join your bus transfer to Voss. Accommodation at Park Hotel Vossevangen or similar.
Day 7 Voss – White Water Rafting – Bergen [B]
Breakfast at the hotel. At Voss Rafting Centre you will experience white water rafting. The rafting center maintains the highest standards of safety and excitement. Their aim is to take you into a world full of adventure under safe and skillful directions. On the rafting tour you will get wet, you will have to paddle, you might fall in, the raft could flip over, but you are guaranteed to have the time of your life. In the afternoon board your train from Voss to Bergen, duration approximately one hour. Arrival in Bergen and overnight. Accommodation at Augustin Hotel or similar.
Day 8 Bergen – Depart [B]
Breakfast at the hotel. Departure from Bergen according to your own itinerary.
- 7 nights accommodations, double occupancy
- Daily breakfasts [B]
- Boat Bergen – Sogndal
- Bus Sogndal – Jostedal & return
- Entrance to Breheimsenteret Glacier Centre
- Boat trip out to the glacier & return
- Short Blue Ice Walk, 2 hours on the ice with glacier guide. Glacier gear included.
- Boat Sogndal – Balestrand – Flåm
- Train Flåm – Myrdal
- Mountain bike rental Myrdal – Flåm
- Boat Flåm – Gudvangen
- Bus Gudvangen – Voss
- White water rafting 3 ½ hours including safety briefing. Wetsuits, shoes, jackets, life-jackets and helmets will be provided.
- Train Voss – Bergen
- Accommodation at good tourist class hotels (3-4 stars). If any of the quoted hotels are fully booked, we will find alternatives of equal standard
- Half board possible at some hotels; rates on request
- The tour can be started in Oslo as well with changed order of activities
- Number of activities included can be reduced
- All activities are subject to change depending on weather conditions
- Important information about White Water Rafting:
- Age limits: Minimum age 15 years (18 for grade 5)
- Physical requirements: normal physical health, able to swim, sober.
- If affected by medical conditions such as asthma, epilepsy, heart problems or similar please let us know prior to departure for further information
- Please bring your own: swim wear, towel for shower, thermal underwear if cold
PRICE PER PERSON FROM………………………$1855 (Based on Double Occupancy)
Price is subject to change and does not include airfare. Optional activities and entrance fees are not included. All rates are per person. Rates and schedules subject to change without notice.
Travel Resources Home
Terms & Conditions
Air Upgrade Options
Request a Custom Tour
Terms and Conditions